Filippo Andrei

Most of my past activities have been in literary and philological studies. I earned my Laurea in Lettere at Florence University in 2001 specializing in Medieval Latin Literature under the supervision of Prof. Silvia Cantelli Berarducci. In my tesi di laurea I realized a critical edition with sources study of the so-called Glossed Psalter of Saint Romuald, whose first results appeared in a journal article and which is now to be published entirely in the series Corpus Christianorum Continuatio Mediaevalis of Brepols Publishers.

In 2001 I entered a European doctoral program in Romance Philology at Siena University and other partner universities in France (Paris-IV Sorbonne), Switzerland (Universität Zürich) and Spain (Universidade de Santiago de Compostela). In April 2005, under the supervision of Prof. Maria Luisa Meneghetti, I defended my thesis (Le fonti storiche e letterarie della «Chanson de Jérusalem») on one of the most ancient poem of the Old French crusade cycle. This dissertation is now under revision, and a journal article has recently came out in Romance Philology (2010, special issue: Romania Mediterranea II).

In 2006 I entered a PhD program in Romance Languages and Literature at UC Berkeley. I am now writing a dissertation on the Decameron and Boccaccio’s philosophical sources (Boccaccio the Philosopher: Forms of Knowledge in the Decameron) under the supervision of Prof. Albert Ascoli and Steven Botterill.